07 September, 2010

The First day, school

The new academic year has started. We had a opening ceremony at school today. Before the ceremony, I met Yannis and Gilius to make an appointment for our first lesson. As I'm in my second year of Master, I'll have classes only on Monday. A group lesson, called "Research and Development course for Musicians" in the morning, and a weekly composers' meeting in the evening. Between these two, I'll have a private lesson with Y or G once a week.

The ceremony held in Arnold Schoenbergzaal of KonCon. Henk, our school director gave a speech and announcement on the stage. And we heard the premiere of piece for large ensemble by Christiaan Richter, one of colleague composer student. The piece has an entertaining Coda. I enjoyed the ending that music gradually shifts to musicians' clap, eventually audience start to give applause, then ends up with one short tutti in a style of big-band.

In the afternoon, I went to see an apartment in The Hague, but it's bit dirty and inadequate for the price. OK, Tomo, don't give up. I'm going to see another place in Amsterdam tomorrow.

I watched a dance video of The Miraculous Mandarin(Maurice Béjart) in the evening, performed by The Tokyo Ballet in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!
日本語も歓迎です。